Friday, February 17, 2012

Tin + Magnets = Fun for Lily


As I said in previous post, I love tins! I just can't seem to let one go to waste. For Valentines Day my hubby got me this Reeses Peanut Butter tin filled with kingsize peanut butter cups. As soon as I saw it I knew I would put it to good use before the week was over. So here we go:
I had some leftover fabric from a dress I made my youngest granddaughter, Lily. I covered the lid with the fabric using hot glue and then added brown ric rac. A few weeks ago I found these little people and other small pieces for 5 cents each on clearance at Michaels and bought all they had - I had no idea what I was going to do with them but I knew I would think of something. I hot glued small magnets to the back of each one and put them in the tin. Now when I give my granddaughter the dress I will also give her this cute little tin with all the magnets inside. Just a little added bonus to go with her dress. Lily will love it, she is only 5 years old.

2 comments:

Every Time You Comment - An Angel Gets Its Wings~