Saturday, May 12, 2012

Operation Comfort Doll Project - Review & Plan to Do!

I subscribe to a magazine called SEW NEWS and I have been reading about Operation Comfort Dolls with each issue.
This is what it says:
"Use your sewing talents to help domestic abuse victims by participating in the Operation Comfort Doll project. To date, over 800 dolls have been received from Sew News readers, and we would love to double that number by the end of the year.
Find free instructions and templates to make a simple comfort doll at sewnews.com/web_extras . I just printed them off for myself.
The featured dolls only take 20 minutes each to complete. Choose from several skin, dress and hair color variations to make a doll that's truly unique. The more dolls the Comfort Doll project receives, the more women they can help!"

You are to send your completed comfort dolls to:
Brenda Hutchings
Sew Nes Operation Comfort Doll
303 McKinley St.
Valparaiso, IN 46383

There is also a Comfort Doll Project Blog at Comfortdollproject.blogspot.com
in which I am now a follower.
I think this is a very worthy cause - and I hope this will inspire you to make a doll or two as I plan to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every Time You Comment - An Angel Gets Its Wings~