Sunday, September 23, 2012

Gift Card in a Can

I have known about this idea for years but never made one. I needed a quick shower gift  and didn't want the standard giftcard in a card idea. 

Very quick - giftcard in a can - - - I love it and plan to make a lot of these for Christmas. I already have ideas how to fill some of these for my grandangels this year.

Scrapbook paper is perfect - you don't even have to trim very much. These particular Pringles cans do not have the "pop tab"   - these have the paper pull tabs - I will make sure I find the pop tabs for my next ones. I think they will will be more fun for the girls to open.

This one is for a wedding shower - so I embellished with 3D stickers with Bliss & Happy Life. I added a flower on top for good measure and a little bit of scrap ribbon. 

How cute would this be for a baby shower? Cute paper - lots of curled ribbon - and filled with baby socks, bibs, etc -  along with a gift card? You can stuff quite  a bit in these tall cans!

So just carefully cut out the bottom of the can with a can opener and empty out the chips - and wipe clean. I know some people hot glue the bottom back on but why bother? Just put the plastic lid on the bottom that came on top of the can!! They all come with one! Simple Simple!





9 comments:

  1. Too cute. What a great idea would have never thought of it. TFS
    Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    Email Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you via Naptime review Blog hop.
    http://thepeacethatpassesallunderstanding.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2012-09-22T19:46:00-05:00

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. I will make some of those to :)
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! I really like that!

    I'm visiting from the Naptime Review. I'd love for you to visit me at http://www.facebook.com/fashionablysaving I've liked your page as well.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! Will use this for Christmas gifts! Stopping by from the Monday Mingle link party! Glad I found your site! Your newest follower on Bloglovin'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love upcycled projects, this came up great xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever idea....give me an excuse to eat them too:).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there :) Super excited to follow along with you! I'm following from the GFC blog hop and I would love for you to stop by and follow back!

    -Fotini { http://glamorousbride.blogspot.com }

    ReplyDelete

Every Time You Comment - An Angel Gets Its Wings~