Friday, September 6, 2013

Owl Door Stop







I needed a door stop at work for a little room that is right behind me that I keep files in - usually I just prop it with  whatever is handy. This new school year since I was kind of redoing my office anyway - I thought I would make a door stop that would actually look nice.
I found this votive candle holder at Hobby Lobby in the Fall Section and everything was 40% off - it was actually orange to begin with but I spray painted it black. I bought some of the large glass stones at Hobby Lobby for less than $2 with my 40% coupon and just hot glued them on - which serves 2 purposes - making it heavy enough to hold the door open and covering the area that was supposed to hold a votive candle. 
I think it turned out really cute! 

Before




After

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every Time You Comment - An Angel Gets Its Wings~